Our event is held at Shefford Park, in Gloucester
Map View Larger Map
A BIG thank you to the City of Ottawa and Morley Hoppner for all their help in getting the CHEO BBQ site ready!
Shefford Road will be closed between Emard Street and Casey Street on Saturday, June 8th for the CHEO BBQ. Parking will be available, but limited. It is recommended that you use the available FREE shuttle from Gloucester Centre (see schedule below).
Getting here by Bus & Shuttle
- Shuttle service for 2019 is provided by Leduc Bus Lines, Rockland, Ontario.
- The shuttle will depart from Entrance # 1 at Gloucester Centre, 1980 Ogilvie Road. This is the entrance to the food court, located directly across from the OC Transpo station. There is a little ‘turn in stop’ located right at the door where the bus will stop.
- At the event site, there is one entrance and one exit to Richcraft Sensplex Arena. The shuttle will pick up inside the parking lot, just at the base.
- There will be signs posted at both locations to identify the shuttle stop.
The schedule for the shuttle bus is as follows:
- Depart Gloucester: 06:45 Depart Shefford: 07:00
- Depart Gloucester: 07:15 Depart Shefford: 07:30
- Depart Gloucester: 07:45 Depart Shefford: 08:00
- Depart Gloucester: 08:15 Depart Shefford: 08:30
- Depart Gloucester: 08:45 Depart Shefford: 09:00
- Depart Gloucester: 09:15 Depart Shefford: 09:30
- Depart Gloucester: 09:45 Depart Shefford: 10:00
- Depart Gloucester: 10:15 Depart Shefford: 10:30
- Depart Gloucester: 10:45 Depart Shefford: 11:00
- Depart Gloucester: 11:15 Depart Shefford: 11:30
- Depart Gloucester: 11:45 Depart Shefford: 12:00
- Depart Gloucester: 12:15 Depart Shefford: 12:30
- Depart Gloucester: 12:45 Depart Shefford: 13:00
- Depart Gloucester: 13:15 Depart Shefford: 13:30
- *** BREAK ***
- Depart Shefford: 15:00 Depart Gloucester: 15:15
- Depart Shefford: 15:30 Depart Gloucester: 15:45
- Depart Shefford: 16:00 Depart Gloucester: 16:15
- Depart Shefford: 16:30 Depart Gloucester: 16:45
- Depart Shefford: 17:00 Depart Gloucester: 17:15
- Depart Shefford: 17:30 Depart Gloucester: 17:45
- Depart Shefford: 18:00 Depart Gloucester: 18:15
- Depart Shefford: 18:30 Depart Gloucester: 18:45
- Depart Shefford: 19:00 Depart Gloucester: 19:15
- Depart Shefford: 19:30 Depart Gloucester: 19:45
- Depart Shefford: 20:00
City of Ottawa Smoke-Free Regulations and CHEO BBQ
As you know – Ottawa has new smoke-free regulations in place since April 2012. Below is some information that has been provided to us by the city. Do note that smoking will not be permitted anywhere on the site and that we kindly ask you to respect these new regulations. Failure to do so could result in CHEO BBQ’s license being revoked and that would be very unfortunate!
Information for users of municipal property, such as parks, beaches and sports fields
Starting April 2, 2012, changes to Ottawa’s smoke-free regulations take effect. All municipal properties, owned and leased by the City of Of Ottawa, including parks, playgrounds, beaches, sports fields, ByWard and Parkdale Market stands, outdoor areas around City facilities as well as outdoor restaurant and bar patios and terraces, will be smoke-free. These regulatory changes are part of a strategy to protect children and non-smokers from second-hand smoke,while reducing smoking rates.
Ottawa Public Health’s consultations and public opinion research indicates strong support from residents for smoke-free parks, beaches and sports fields. The City of Ottawa joins a growing number of municipalities that have expanded smoke-free spaces.
The City of Ottawa has launched a campaign to inform the public of the new smoke-free regulations. To assist you in notifying your contacts and association members, Ottawa Public Health can provide you with resources, such as signage and printed information.
It is the responsibility of your group to ensure compliance with the smoke-free regulations amongst your participants and spectators. Failure to do so could mean that your park permit is revoked.
Starting July 2, 2012, contraventions of the new regulations may result in the issuance of Provincial Offence Notice tickets that will carry a fine.
For more information about your responsibilities and how we can help, please review the below information, visit ottawa.ca/smokefree or call 3-1-1.