CHEO BBQ is actively taking steps to ensure it is accessible to all barbeque participants, guests, committee members, and volunteers.
Current measures underway include:
- Consultation with Ottawa’s local Disability community
- Equal opportunity event publicity
- Accessibility education for committee members and volunteers
- 2 Accessible Port-a-Pottys
- Access Team barrier identification and removal
- Barrier free event site
- Inclusive volunteer team
JOIN THE ACCESS TEAM!
CHEO BBQ is currently recruiting persons from the disability community to join the Access Team. The Access Team will provide a guiding voice on disability issues concerning barriers, disability education and will assess the CHEO BBQ site on set up day (Friday June 11, 2010) to assist in the identification and removal of barriers.
For more information on accessibility at CHEO BBQ or to join the Access Team, please email:
For other volunteer opportunities with CHEO BBQ, please follow: