On June 8, 2013 Ultimate Frisbee teams will own the fields of Shefford Park, volleyball players will fill the courts and side lines, the beer tent will be rocking, the barbeque will be smoking, and the family zone will be bouncing with children. Amidst all of this activity will be the sound of dollars being raised for CHEO. As event participants we rely upon you to help us raise this money for CHEO through the pledges and donations you collect. Every dollar raised by you goes directly to the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO). For CHEO BBQ 2013 we are challenging you to help us reach our goal of $75,000 by asking each person to raise $25.
Are you pledge-shy? Don’t worry, there are many different creative ways you can help us help CHEO! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Sell your own services for CHEO BBQ pledges! Consider offering car washes, dog walking, babysitting, or photo shop fun pictures of friends, families, and coworkers.
- Organize 50-50 raffles at work or at house parties.
- Make the most of “in lieu of” opportunities such as accepting donations to CHEO BBQ in lieu of a birthday or wedding gift.
- Sell household items that you no longer need on online classifieds.
- Organize a house party, wine tasting, movie night or hockey play-off night and ask for a $5.00 entrance fee as a donation to CHEO BBQ.
- Create your own logo shirt to wear for a day, or to a particular event or challenge. For the price of a donation, offer spots on the t-shirt for sale to friends, coworkers, family, and businesses.
- Organize a bake sale. Consider including frozen crock-pot meals or soup. Alternatively, sell home baked cookies at your desk at work and watch the donations roll in.
- Ask your employer if they would consider matching the donations you collected.
Every year our pledge desk is overwhelmed by the generosity, heart, and dedication of our event participants and supporters. We are so grateful to have such dedicated volunteers, sports participants, and event attendees. Because of your efforts, CHEO BBQ is successful in raising thousands of dollars to support CHEO. Thank you for your time and commitment to making this year’s CHEO BBQ 2013 the most successful one yet!
See you on June 8,
– Associate Director – Pledging and Donations
Click here to donate online for yourself or on behalf of a team or individual
Social medial call out: What creative pledge-raising tactics have you used? Help us spread the CHEO BBQ pledging fever by using the #CHEOBBQ21 hashtag on Twitter or Facebook with your CHEO BBQ pledging activity!